Saturday, March 17, 2007

SCENES ON THE POTOMAC AND PORT TOBACCO RIVERS

Two of my favorite photographs of the Port
Tobacco River Bay: one taken in the early
morning and one taken at evening......




Canadian geese and Mallard female








A great blue heron in silhouette with Mt. Vernon in the background. Taken near Pascataway Park, Tayak. (Click it to look closer)
Some ducks raised by local camper








Marshes at mouth on back waters of the Port
Tobacco River. I call the photograph of the
heron at right "The Sentinel."
It was directly across from our camper and
used to stay there almost unmoving for
hours on end.











The photograph at right is the home of a local
artist who lives on the River. Someday I
would like to give it to her.
I hope she would like it.
The other is a photograph of a scene across the
river from where we live, and I took it because it
is a portrait of a friend's home as well.
















No comments: